Sunday 30 March 2008

a poem i wrote

Who Knows My Steps, Who Ordains My Ways?
A poem by Lindsey Diacogiannis
29.March.2008


I am searching for meaning,
My life is in need of cleaning,
How long has it been,
Since my life has seen,
The touch of your hand

My ways are shifting,
I am sifting,
Through what is right,
And pure, and just,
To find that which leads to life

I have seen hardship,
And have been hurt,
But I’m seeking Joy,
And learning to be still,
Listening for the Words of the LORD

My steps are laid out,
He has made them straight,
He leads me through the narrow gate,
But sometimes I stumble and fall away,
Then He picks me up and shows me how to pray

I am still,
Listening for His voice to speak,
I try to be humble and meek,
He whispers to me,
Calling me to obey,
But which path to choose,
Is what I ask when I pray

Morning and night I am seeking Him,
I long to be righteous, living upright,
But sometimes I cringe and shrink back in fright,
I know He holds the universe in His hands,
I know he laid out all of my plans,
Trusting is Word is hard for me,
His daughter is who I long to be,

How can I walk with justice in cause,
It is this question that makes me pause,
I long to see Him smile at me,
I long to walk in liberty,
But some people only choose to see,
My past and all the mistakes I made,

I know I hurt many,
But this time I’m sure,
I want to be different,
I want to be pure,
My life is no longer in my hands,
I give it to Him,
That He show me His plans

His purpose is what I want fulfilled,
His kingdom is what I want to build,
That many more would surround His throne,
His life and light would always be shown,



“Many are the plans in a man’s heart,
but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.” – Proverbs 19:21

No comments: