Sunday 24 August 2008

words of encouragment

This passage of scripture was a huge encouragement to me tonight, so I thought I'd share it.

"Dear children, let's not merely say that we love each other, let us show the truth by our actions. Our actions will show that we belong to the truth, so we will be confident when we stand before God. Even if we feel guilty, God is greater than our feelings, and he knows everything. Dear friends, if we don't feel guilty, we can come to God with bold confidence. And we will receive from him whatever we ask because we obey him and do the things that please him."
1 John 3:18-22

I have been learning a lot about my feelings, and being able to recognize lies and truth about myself. It is so reassuring to hear that God is so much greater than our feelings, and that we are not guilty in His sight! Hmmm.... good word!

No comments: