Wednesday 30 November 2011

Guerrillas of Grace

Our teacher this week is president and co-founder of Love146, an organization that combats child sex slavery & exploitation with the unexpected and restore survivors with excellence, Rob Morris.

He shared with us a prayer from the book, Guerrillas of Grace by Ted Loder. I went online and found this prayer by him also:



Lord,
plunge me deep into a sense of sadness
at the pain of my sisters and brothers
inflicted by war,
prejudice,
injustice,
indifference,
that I may learn again to cry as a child
until my tears baptize me
into a person who touches with care
those I now touch in prayer:
victims of violence
of greed,
of addictions;
prisoners in ghettos,
in old age,
in sexism;
people with broken bodies,
with broken hearts,
with broken lives,
whom I remember now in silence before you
because I have too often forgotten them
in the shuffle of my fretful busy-ness.

By Ted Loder (Guerrillas of Grace: Prayers for the Battle)

No comments: