Thursday 10 January 2008

Growth

Growth... it's something that happens to everyone in various ways. Some grow taller, or smarter, or older. The last few months I have been growing physically (somehow I am nearly as tall as Jeremiah, and just as tall as Gregg), but one of the ways I like to grow is in my relationship with Christ. That is also something that has been taking place in the last few months.
Last year was good in many ways, but also challenging in many ways. It was a year of consequences, some good, some not-so-good. But, through it all I have learned that God is with me and no one can snatch me from His hand. When I was rejoicing at our families decision to adopt three beautiful children from Ghana, God was rejoicing with me! When I was crying over the poor choices I had made, God was crying even more! He has seen my struggles, and has seen my triumphs. Though growth is sometimes hard, and we are confused and tend to ask God "why this?" or "why now?", in the end we want to be healthy fruit. With
out pruning and fertilization, it is hard to grow, and God uses people and circumstances to bring that about in our lives. One of my favorite passages in the Bible is Psalm 1:1-3, "Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mocker, But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither whatever he does prospers." It really speaks to me, and helps me to realize that there are blessing to walking in righteousness!!! And how important it is to meditate on the Word.
So, I encourage you to allow God to prune away the things in your life that are hindering growth, even when it hurts, because eventually you will begin to see the blossoms and buds of good fruit! I have found this true in my own life, and God is so faithful in using your fruit too.
Lastly, I am so excited for the growth in my family as we add Jacob, Sarah, and Rachel to our household! We found out today that my parents will be traveling within the next two weeks to Ghana to pick them up! Yay!!!! Thank you Jesus!!!!


My prayer is that we may all continue to grow in the Lord and in His mighty power! Many blessings in each of your adventures and journeys with God!

~Lindsey <><

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hi Lindsey! Love your blogs so far...you're always so insightful! And I'm psyched about the new additions to your family! Glad they'll be there soon! :-) Hope things are going well!