Tuesday 8 July 2008

Choices... To do or not to do....

Today I made a lot of choices. I chose to get up and instead of stinking for the rest of the day, i took a shower. I made the choice to ride the city bus to my parents house to hang out with friends and family instead of into the Big City to hang out with a different friend. These choices are easy in comparison to some of the ones I made this evening. Decisions that can change your future are sometimes - and usually - hard to make.

Tonight I made the choice to stand up for myself. I made the choice to stop shrinking back in fear, and asked questions. I decided not to by walked all over. The choice was made to no longer take guff for what others say about me. I am tired of the assumptions tossed so loosely about me, and I made the choice to question those assumptions.

I also made the choice to stand up for myself in another way. I decided to no longer be foolish in a relationship. After foolishly choosing to enter this relationship, I made the choice to not take it any longer; to put in my two sense about what I actually think, and how I feel about the situation. I made the choice to make my voice heard, even if the other person didn't fully understand or agree with me. The future matters to me, and I chose to tell the other person that, even if my soul's desires conflicted with my convictions. I made the choice to follow my heart, which is led by the Spirit.

It's not always easy to make choices. A lot of times it's challenging and requires extra strength. I prayed for that strength tonight and when it came I put it in action. God helped me to overcome things be using the strength He equipped me with. He also placed important people in my life to challenge me and question my actions and desires. Sometimes it's hard for me to listen to other people and take their advice. It can also be difficult to listen to some people, but easy to listen to others. God is teaching me how to make the right balance and make His voice the loudest one in my heart.

I made the choice to stay up until 1:15AM and share my thought about the day. And now I am making the choice to rest, to lay back in the darkness, pull the covers to my shoulders, and rest. God has plans for me tomorrow and I want to choose His best!

1 comment:

Ann Dunagan said...

Hi Lindsey!

I'm sure glad to hear that you're deciding to choose the good. The narrow way is hard (step by step), but way-easier in the long run.

Thanks for the blog link.

Love ya!
Ann