Wednesday 8 October 2008

The Acts of Modern Day Apostles

Notice: the things in this blog have to do with the works and power of the Holy Spirit. This is just my quick explanation of things as the LORD worked in my life in the last week, and may be confusing or misinterpreted, so I ask that you read with discretion and know that some things may to be further clarified. I am sorry if anything is unclear, vague, or misinforming, hopefully you will be able to read with an open mind and heart, and leave judgment aside. thanks! :)


The last few weeks I have been reading through the book of Acts, and I have felt over and over again that God is calling me to do great things like the apostles. I have prayed to be known as Stephen is know in the book of Acts, whenever he is mentioned a phrase follows His name describing him as a man full of the Holy Spirit, a man full of faith and power, etc. God kept telling me that He is about big things and wants me to continue to dream big, and go after big things. Many of the staff and students here too have been impressed by the Holy Spirit that God has anointed this DTS to do BIG things! That the things that God did in Acts, He wants to do today, in our lives.
On Monday we heard from our leaders that there are several students that are not here who are supposed to be here. One of my friends here, Taylor, organized a meeting to fast for lunch where we would gather together and pray for those who are not here. Even though this is the biggest DTS in Europe ever, and though we have had to trust God for housing for all of us, we know that God has called more people here and we are besieging Heaven on their behalf.
We joined together again on Tuesday night to pray on their behalf, that the will of God would be done in each of their lives, and if they are supposed to be here that God would work powerfully in getting them here. It has been an amazing time of prayer in both German and English. God is moving in our hearts and has given us visions and hopes for these students that are not here. We received confirmations among us over them. God gave me a vision over one girl, and confirmed the same vision to another girl who was German. It happened multiple times with many of us. I had one vision for one of the guys that is coming, but felt like it wasn't complete, and another girl said she had a vision that finished the vision I had been given. We prayed for 3 and a half hours, and called the students after we prayed for each one. They were all so touched, and we are hoping that they each get here soon. There is supposed to be a guy from India arriving yesterday, but we heard there were some flight difficulties, so we're hoping things work out soon!

Tuesday morning was also a powerful time, and I received healing! Praise the LORD. We had finished our first lecture time of the day and Lucy, one of the DTS leaders, asked that anyone who was sick wold come and receive prayer. I didn't think I should go up because many times I have asked for prayers of healing for my chest deformity and heart pain. After a few moments the Holy Spirit said I should go up and ask for prayer, so I did. I was crying and praying in the Spirit as I went forward. The Holy Spirit had overcome me. Soon I was lying on the floor, eyes closed, crying, and still praying in the Spirit (in a hushed voice); I couldn't stop. DTS staff gathered around me and prayed over me. I don't really remember the order of how things happened, but the following hour and a half was life-changing. One of the other DTS leaders, Jen, prayed confirmation over me saying, "It's okay. You're safe. You don't have to wear masks anymore. God wants you to come to Him like a child. He wants you to be free to be a child again." This was such a confirmation to what He has been teaching me the last month! It's awesome! I kept crying out to God to heal my bones and heart, and then Jon, the 3rd DTS leader, started praying over those of us that were up front, and casting things out of us. At that moment all the pain I have had in the last 11 years came at once, and my chest hurt SO bad! I felt that there was a spirit of oppression inside of me that I did not know about. I could feel that it did not want to come out, as Jon was casting things out. Then he began praying about our identity in Christ, and when he said that we are child of Jesus. When he said the name of Jesus, I felt the spirit leave me and I stopped crying and praying in the spirit (up until that point I hadn't been able to stop). My eyes still remained close, and I was unable to open them. Even though I was already on the floor I felt like my body dropped. Rest came over me. I knew the Holy Spirit wasn't done with me yet so I just remained lying there. A girl went forward to share a vision that she had received and began describing Jesus, standing before each of us holding a cup. As this was being translated, God began to speak to me, and said that in the cup was the Holy Spirit, and he said, "Taste, and see that the LORD is good!" Later on, Josiah (DTS staff), was playing guitar and began singing "taste and see that the LORD is good". It was a beautiful confirmation of what God is asking of me. Someone had also come and given me a piece of paper with a verse on it, so I went to read it. It was Psalms 51:12 "Restore unto me the joy of my salvation..." I wasn't exactly sure what it was supposed to mean for me, so I asked God to reveal it to me in His time. That afternoon I checked my email and decided to randomly check a friend's blog. I hadn't read it for weeks, and she actually hadn't even posted since the end of August. The latest post was titled "Mmmm Good" and had a picture of some sort of espresso. I thought, "interesting. what's this about" and began to read. She began to share about the goodness of the LORD and said, "Taste and see that the LORD is good". Apparently God is wanting me to not only know of His goodness but to taste of it also. :)

This last week has been an incredible time of fellowship with my Jesus. He has shown himself to me in new ways, and I am learning what it really means to love God with not only your heart and soul, but also with your mind! I am so excited for what He has for me and the other students here in the next 6 months!

No comments: