Saturday 20 December 2008

recap of the last few months.. intro to the future

In the New Testament, Matthew urges us to proclaim the love of God to all people everywhere - “Go, therefore, into all the world, and make disciples of all nations…” - Matthew 28:19. Since the beginning of October, I have been equipping myself to fulfill this call that God has placed on my life; I have been doing a Discipleship Training School (DTS) with Youth With A Mission (YWAM), in Herrnhut, Germany. Some of the topics that have been taught are: Spiritual Warfare, Relationships, The Father Heart of God, Discovering Identity, Worship, and Evangelism, as well as a few others. My life has been incredibly changed by the loving kindness of my Savior. I have learned to humbly submit, not only my pride, but also every aspect of my life – my finances, family, future, etc. to God. My passion for worship has deepened, and I am growing in my ability to lead others in adoration of our King. In addition I have come to a greater understanding of who I am in Christ, the authority I posses, and how much God loves me. In turn, I have fallen so much deeper in love with Him.
In the New Year I will be traveling to India and I will be working partially with a group called Pick-A- Pocket. The purpose of this trip, and the mission of this organization, is to use the arts to call this generation to end extreme poverty. Extreme poverty is this: the state of poverty in which a person cannot meet the basic needs of life. A victim of extreme poverty lives on less than $1.25 per day, and likely does not have access to food, water, shelter, sanitation, or health care. We believe that a solution to this problem is within reach. Their circumstances and the environment that they live in limit the people we are going to come to know. We are seeking to radically alter their lives by bringing awareness to the state of extreme poverty. There is a solution, and we want to show is to the world. We believe that with the help of the Holy Spirit, and by loving sacrificially, we can change the world. Acts 1:8 says, “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
That is my goal and desire – to be a witness for God to the ends of the earth, by the anointing of the Holy Spirit.

No comments: